My answers to 111 random questions
A friend sent me these 111 random questions, which I have answered. It’s probably a good way to learn some things about me that you previously didn’t know.
Some of the questions have typos. I haven’t fixed those for authenticity. (Neither my own, to be honest…)
1) What’s your full name? – Vadim Dmitrievich Dovganyuk
2) What’s your ethnicity/ancestry? – I’m of a mixed Polish, Russian, and Ottoman/Turkish ancestry. And of a mixed Crimean Karaite, Crimean Tatar(Turkic), Krymchak, Polish, and Jewish ethnicity. (No, I am not an ethnic Ukrainian.)
3) What’s your favourite colour? – White, aqua, or very light blue
4) Do you have any pets? – Yep! 2 cats and 2 dogs.
5) Where are you from? – I was born in Zaporizhia, a city in Ukraine. I currently live in Dnipro, also in Ukraine.
6) Where did you grow up? – Many locations? The longest times I have lived in Donetsk, Leipzig, Moscow, and Dnipro
7) Do you have a girlfriend? – Yes, I do.
8) Do you have a cherished childhood teddybear? – Yes, I actually do.
9) Are you a good dancer? – Don’t think so.
10) Are you a good singer? – No.
11) Are you a good cook? – Not really. I use recipes from a friend’s blog. I am great at following instruction. 😛
12) Are you a good listener? – Depends. Most often I am. But I can’t deny some people bore me. As long as I have to listen to a child or elderly person, I have no problems.
13) Are you a good public speaker? – No! Most certainly not.
14) Are you a good babysitter? – Yes, according to others I am.
15) Are you a good mechanic? – I can fix a motorcycle. Does that count?
16) Are you a good diplomat? – Possibly. I have been complimented by Elad Ratson(Israeli diplomat) for my reasoning skills.
17) Are you a good employee? – No.
18) Are you a good dresser? – Can’t deny that this is a no.
19) Are you a good lover? – You have to ask my girlfriend.
20) Are you a good writer? – I hate my own writing. However, others generally like my writing. So, choose the answer to that yourself.
21) Can you tap dance? – Yes, I actually can.
22) What types of holidays do you prefer? – Lazy holidays.
23) What’s the furthest you’ve ever been on holiday? – In regards to an actual holiday, it would be to Mongolia.
24) What was your favourite holiday? – A holiday to north Sweden when I was young.
25) What’s your favourite foreign country? – Either Armenia, Azerbaijan, or Uzbekistan.
26) What’s your favourite zoo animal? – Polecat.
27) What’s your favourite sport? – Boxing.
28) What’s your favourite film? – Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close
29) What’s your favourite song? – My Indigo by Dutch artist Sharon den Adel.
30) What’s your favourite TV program? – Killjoys
31) What’s your favourite band? – Poets of the Fall, a band from Finland
32) Do you want children? – When I am older, yes.
33) Are you religious? – Yes. I am adherent to Karaite Judaism.
34) Do you like reality TV programs? – No.
35) Do you like TV talent shows? – Yes, I do. I actually even re-watch some talents via YouTube and Facebook.
36) Do you prefer local or foreign TV programs? – Foreign.
37) Have you ever been admitted to hospital? – Yes, multiple times.
38) Have you ever had any brushes with the law? – Yes, I have. However, nowadays I am actually friends with my local police.
39) Have you ever been on TV? – Yes, I actually have been.
40) Have you ever met any celebrities? – Yes, several. Not that hard for me, though. One of my previous friends at school is nowadays a celebrity. And one of my uncles is too. And I even work with them, so urrr, yeah…
41) Do you prefer baths or showers? – Showers
42) Do you prefer towel drying, blow drying or natural dryin your hair? – Towel
43) If you could live anywhere, where would that be? – Somewhere cold.
44) Would you like to be a big celebrity? – No, I wouldn’t.
45) What type of music do you like? – Pretty much anything. But I do prefer new age music beyond anything else.
46) Do you prefer sunrises or sunsets? – Sunsets
47) Do you like scary movies? – No!
48) What’s your favourite Milkshake flavour? – Chocolate.
49) Have you ever been in a newspaper? – Yep!
50) Have you ever fired a gun? – Yes, I have. More than once. That’s all I am going to say…
51) Have you ever tried archery? – Yes, but I was really bad at it.
52) What’s your favourite condiment? – Soy sauce
53) What football team do you support? – Shakhtar Donetsk
54) What’s the longest you’ve gone without sleep? – 3 days.
55) Do you have any scars? – Yes.
56) What did you want to be when you grew up? – Famous figure skater
57) If you could change anything about yourself what would it be? – Probably the fact that I am very fragile emotionally. Although, that could change my personality… So I am not certain.
58) Are you reliable? – Generally, yes.
59) Are you proud of yourself? – No.
60) Have you ever had a secret admirer? – Yes.
61) Do you hold grudges? – Actually, yes.
62) If you could breed two animals together to defy the laws of nature what new animal would you create? – I wouldn’t want to.
63) Are you a good liar? – The exact opposite.
64) Are you a good judge of character? – Yes, I am. When I don’t trust someone, it always means something is wrong. There have been no exceptions.
65) Can you iceskate? – Yes, I can!
66) What’s your favourite TV advert? – This one from Singapore:
68) Do you have a strong local accent? – Sent me a message via social media for a sample of my voice. You can judge for yourself.
69) What’s your favourite saying? – “Kindness is not an act. It is a lifestyle.”
70) Are you scared of spiders? – Yes.
71) Have you ever been banned from a public place? – Does online count? If so, yes. Twitter and YouTube.
72) If you could learn any language fluently what would it be? – Welsh, because it is the only language I was truly unable to learn.
73) Which foreign country do you dislike the most? – It’s common knowledge that it’s the USA. Just because of the politics, though. The USA has many kind residents.
74) Do you like your music loud or easy listening? – Easy listening
75) Do you like poetry? – Love it!
76) Whats your most used word? – “Honestly”
77) Who’s your favourite Comedian? – Zelensky? 😛 Sorry, I just had to. No, in all honesty, my favourite comedian is Andy Samberg
78) What animal would you most like to have as a pet? – A ferret, which is a domesticated polecat.
79) If you could bankrupt one person or company who would it be? – Access Industries.
80) Do you believe the Governments hide technology and information from the public? – Yes, as I literally know this is true by my time at the previous Russian Ministry of Education and Science.
81) Which is your favourite pokemon? – I have always loved Mew.
83) Have you ever milked a cow? – Yes. Also goats. 😉
84) Whats your favourite sportsware brand? – Adidas. Yes, I am stereotypical at that one.
84) Who’s your favourite Superhero? – Batman
85) Who’s your favourite Villain/Baddie? – Rachel in the TV series Orphan Black
86) Have you ever raised money for charity? – Technically, I constantly do so by blogging.
87) Which do you prefer ponytails or pigtails? – pigtails
88) Do you still have any music on vinyl or casettes? – Yes, I have lots of music on vinyl! Better than CDs, let alone digital.
89) Approximately how many Albums do you have? – 644 😐
90) Have you ever given blood? – Yes, I have.
91) How many valentines cards did you recieve this year? – 28 😐
92) Have you ever been to a gym? – Yes. My family owns one.
93) Have you ever cried at a film? – Yes, many times.
94) Whats your favourite disney movie? – Fantasia 2000, The Fox and the Hound, A Bug’s Life – In that order
95) Have you ever sworn at an authority figure? – Yes, I have.
96) What was your favourite school subject? – P.E.
97) What was your least favourite school subject? – Math
98) Which was your favourite science? Biology, Physics or Chemistry? – Biology.
99) Have you ever ridden a motorcycle? – Yes, I literally own one.
100) Have you ever contemplated sueing someone? – I have actually sued someone, so, yes.
101) Do you have a lawyer? – Yes, more than one actually.
102) Do you think babies are little bundles of joy or smelly noisey things? – Both? Little bundles of joy first, though.
103) Are you allergic to anything? – Yes, a lot of things, like meat and cow’s milk.
104) Are you the sort to step in and try to break up a fight? – Yes. I have actually done that a few times.
105) Is there anything about the opposite sex you just don’t understand or comprehend? – The need for makeup. I have literally never seen any girl or women who truly needs it.
106) Is it acceptable or unacceptable to smack a child as form of discipline? – Unacceptable!
107) Teenage parents, good bad or indifferent? – Indifferent. I think most teenage parents are unprepared. But I know from personal experience that when you are prepared, it can work out perfectly.
108) If you were to join an emergency service which would it be? – The specialised search and rescue services
109) How many languages do you speak? – Believe it currently is 54?
110) If you were exiled what country would you choose as your new home? – Probably India.
111) How did you get your name? – My first and last name were chosen by the nurse who looked after me when I was abandoned by my biological parents. The patronym(second name) is actually based on the name of my biological father.
It’s not without a reason why the work by ChildAid in regards to abandoned babies means so much to me. The fact that they support a nurse who does the same as a nurse did for me, is something I respect beyond what is able to be expressed in words.